“The Life Changer” Chapter 1 Likely Jamb Questions And Answers
What is the full name of the author of the Life Changer?
Khadija Abubakar Jalli
Why did the mother pause to listen to their conversation?
Because there was something about the laugher that drew her attention
Why were the other sisters laughing very hard?
The 5-year-old younger one was telling them stories
She was telling her two sisters the story of her classroom encounter with their meddlesome Social Studies teacher. Which other word can replace meddlesome as used in the novel?
They were waiting for dad, why?
He is a banker, he closes by 5 pm and gets home late.
How old was Bint when she was narrating the story?
5 years old.
How do you say Good Morning in French?”
How do you say that’s very good in French?
C’est tres bien
How do you say that’s very good in French, Aunty?” Bint asked reverentially. Which other word can replace reverentially as used in the passage?
Respectfully, In admiration
Why did the students surround Bint and started clapping and singing going around her
Because she asked a question the teacher could not answer
The following are reasons the mom (Ummi) goes into their room… Ummi – (Arabic) when translated means mummy too.
1. To question them about neatness
2. To keep them company
Who was Bint’s elder sister?
Who was the first child?
Omar (the only male)
Who was Bint’s Teacher?
How do you say goodbye until we meet again in French?
When our conversation got that animated…. Mean
Full of life, exciting, lively
Omar Gained admission to study at where?
Study Law at the Kongo Campus of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria.
According to Omar, what’s stopping Teemah from growing tall?
Plain Jealousy, Envy
Meaning & Synonyms of Words in Chapter 1
1. meddlesome – Obstructive, active to know everything
2. didactic – intended to teach, instructive, educational.
3. animated – Full of life, exciting, lively.
4. spontaneity – flow of the discussion.
5. ululated – howl or wail as an expression of strong emotion.
6. providence – fate, nemesis, destiny.
7. But those belligerent sisters of yours -hostile and aggressive, threatening
8. bickering – argue about petty and trivial matters.
9.Omar turned to look balefully at me – Harmful or malignant in intent or effect.
10.My life before marriage had always been one dreary thing after another – depressingly dull and bleak or repetitive.
11.What do you mean by that immodest remark?- lacking humility or decency.
12.She stopped taunting him – Stopped Interrupting him.
13. …he paused to look empathically at me – The ability to sense the emotions, feelings, and reactions intellectually.
14. It means I am at one with members of the intelligentsia – intellectuals or highly educated people as a group, scholars.
15. Chortle – Laugh in a noisy, gleeful way.
16. chuckle – to laugh inwardly or quietly.
17. mirthful – full of mirth; merry or amusing.
18. eavesdrop – to secretly listen to conversation.
19. surreptitiously – secretively.
20. vivid – clear, realistic, authentic.
21. meddlesome – interfering