IgbereTV reports that the government of Anambra State has extended the Covid-19 lockdown in the state after recording its first case of Covid-19 on Friday.
According to IgbereTV reports, the Anambra State governor, His Excellency, Chief Willie Obiano on Saturday, April 11, 2020, during a special broadcast on Covid-19 in the state stated that the lockdown in the state has been extended by two weeks with more strict measures.
Read the broadcast below;
Ndi Anambra ekenem unu.
I want to update you on the latest developments in our efforts against Coronavirus in Anambra State. First, I have to thank you all for complying with the directive on the Covid-19 pandemic in Anambra State. I must thank the traders in all the 63 major markets in Anambra State for heeding the directive on the closure of our markets. I also thank the traditional rulers, leaders of the church, the PGs and other community leaders who have assisted the government in ensuring that people comply with the directives from the state. However, as it has turned out, the fight has just started!
Anambra’s 1st Covid-19 Case:
Ndi Anambra, I regret to announce that despite our proactive measures to insulate our dear state from this pandemic, we recorded the first case of Coronavirus in the state yesterday. The index case came in from Lagos. He has been placed in one of our Protective Care Centers. At the same time, we have commenced aggressive Contact Tracing to ensure that everyone he came in contact with is brought into the net for a professional handling that will save lives.
Ndi Anambra, I urge you not to panic over this. It did not take us by surprise. We are adequately prepared to handle the situation. We have trained enough manpower on how to handle Covid-19 cases and our Protective Care Centers are among the best in the country at the moment. On the strength of this, I urge you to stand strong in prayer and faith. We shall flatten the curve on this case to prevent further spread of the virus.
Measures to Prevent Further Spread:
Ndi Anambra, following the recording of the first case of Coronavirus in Anambra State, it has become extremely necessary to tighten the measures we had taken earlier on the pandemic. To achieve that, we shall take the following steps;
1. The restriction on movement is hereby extended by two weeks. This time, we are placing a comprehensive Lock down on Anambra State. We shall not tolerate any movement across the state by individuals and groups. Only people on essential services are permitted to move around in the delivery of those services to the people. Ndi Anambra are advised to stay indoors to avoid getting contaminated by this virus. The security agencies will enforce the restriction on movement this time and they have my authorization to make arrests where necessary to keep our dear state safe.
2. All boundaries with neighbouring states remain closed. There will be no vehicular or human traffic across all the boundaries of Anambra State. Only vehicles delivering essential services are permitted after a comprehensive check and authorization by security operatives at the boundaries.
3. Frequent washing of hands with soap for at least 20 seconds as well as the regular use of hand sanitizers are strongly recommended. In fact, everyone is expected to carry a hand sanitizer with him or her at any given time.
4. Everyone is expected to stay indoors with their families and loved ones. However, anyone who wishes to step outdoors for any reason at all must wear a face mask. Anyone who violates this directive stands a chance of arrest and prosecution.
5. Handshaking, hugging and all other forms of physical contact are strongly discouraged. Ndi Anambra are also
advised to minimize contact with door handles and hand rails and commonly used surfaces in different locations.
6. A distance of 6-feet must be maintained during interaction with people. Everyone is advised to keep a reasonable social distance when holding a conversation with someone else.
7. Ndi Anambra are advised to contact the Anambra State Public Health Emergency Operation Center immediately (PHEOC) once they feel unwell. The PHEOC numbers are 08030953771, 08145434416, 08117567363, 08058967320.
Leave a Reply