The general public is hereby informed that application form for admission to the Pre-Degree Science Programme of Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH), Ogbomoso is available online for completion as from Thursday, September, 1st 2022 on the website: https://apply.lautech.edu.ng
The programme is expected to run for six (6) calendar months and with an intensive compulsory three (3) month ICT programme.
Candidates should possess five O’ Level credit passes in WAEC, NECO, GCE or NABTEB at not more than two sittings from English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Agric. Science, Economics, Geography, Financial Accounting, Business Studies, Government, Literature in English and CRS/IRS.
Method of Application
(1) A prospective applicant is expected to proceed to LAUTECH website https://apply.lautech.edu.ng to make payment of Ten thousand Naira (N10,000:00) only for the application form and registration online using Interswitch enabled Debit (ATM) Card.
(2) Each applicant is expected to carefully complete and submit the online application form. An incomplete application form will not be treated.
The closing date for the submission of application form is Wednesday, November 30, 2022.
Each applicant must ensure that the Acknowledgement Slip bearing his/her passport photograph is downloaded and printed as an evidence of successful submission of the form.
Please, note that late completion/submission of form will not be entertained.
Screening of successful applicants takes place at 9:00a.m on Thursday, December 8, 2022 at the new PDS Complex (1,500 Lecture Theatre).
Placement into Degree Programmes
Placement into degree programmes will be based on performance at the end of the programme, admission requirements, vacancy in the desired degree programme and participation in the ICT Intensive Training. Also, all intending applicants are to ensure they obtain 2023 UTME form, sit for the examination and pass with the minimum cut-off mark as may be determined by Senate.
Information on Choice of Programme
Each candidate is expected to make two (2) choices out of the undergraduate programme options available at LAUTECH as listed below. The options are divided into Groups A and B. Each candidate is expected to choose only one programme from any of the two groups. No candidate should make two choices from the same group.
Group A: Choose only one Programme
College of Health Sciences
(6) Medical Laboratory Science
Engineering and Technology
(1) Chemical Engineering
(2) Civil Engineering
(3) Electrical/Electronic Engineering
(4) Computer Engineering
(5) Mechanical Engineering
(6) Food Engineering
(7) Agricultural Engineering
(2) Transport Management
(5) Management Studies
Food and Consumer Sciences
(1) Food Science
(2) Nutrition and Dietetics
(3) Consumer Science
Computing Science and Informatics
(1) Computer Science
(2) Information System
(3) Cyber Security
Group B: Choose only one Programme
(1) Agricultural Economics
(2) Agricultural Extension and Rural Development
(3) Animal Production and Health
(4) Animal Nutrition and Biotechnology
(5) Crop Production and Soil Science
(6) Crop and Environmental Protection
(1) Fine and Applied Arts
(2) Urban and Regional Planning
Pure and Applied Sciences
(1) Pure and Applied Biology
(2) Pure and Applied Chemistry
(3) Pure and Applied Physics
(4) Pure and Applied Mathematics
(5) Earth Sciences
(6) Science Laboratory Technology
Please note that B. Tech. is a five-year programme while B.Sc and B. A are four-year programmes.